1.2kg lamb rack, with a thin layer of fat
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
60g pistachios, crushed
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
For the cherry jam:
1 x 400g tins of pitted cherries
Juice of 1 lemons
1 tbsp caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cornflour, whisked with ½ tsp water
Try our recipe for delicious potatoes dauphinoise…
- Preheat the oven to 240˚C/220˚C fan/gas mark 9 and season the lamb well with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the lamb rack on all sides for a couple minutes until browned.
- Stir together the rosemary, pistachios, breadcrumbs and mustard until a paste forms. Spread all over the lamb.
- Transfer to a roasting tin fitted with a wire rack and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes for medium-well.
- Meanwhile, purée the cherries in a blender until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and whisk in the remaining jam ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes until thickened.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a chopping board. Cover with tin foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the cherry jam.
Per serving: 864kcals, 37g fat (10.3g saturated), 41.9g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 88.9g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.493g sodium