Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic all over the insides of a 20cm baking dish, then grease with butter.
- Spread one-third of the potatoes into the baking dish. Scatter over one-third each of the cream, cheese and thyme. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Repeat these layers another two times, finishing with the cheese. Dot the butter evenly over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 until the top is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered, until cooled thoroughly, then refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bring the gratin up to room temperature and preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Reheat the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving 293kcals, 15.5g fat (9.3g saturated), 28.1g carbs, 3g sugars, 11.2g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.171g sodium
Gluten-freeChristmasDinnerEasterDiabetic-friendlyDinnerSpecial OccasionsFrenchKidsFamily mealsCuisinesSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR