Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, stir together the mashed potato, pesto, grated Cheddar and Parmesan until well combined. Season to taste.
- Scoop out a portion measuring around two tablespoons and use damp hands to roll into balls. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- When all of the balls are formed, place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in a second shallow bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- One at a time, roll each ball in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip to coat in the egg mixture, then dredge in the breadcrumbs, pressing them on lightly to coat. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add enough oil to a large pan to come 4cm up the side, then heat over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the balls for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with pesto and some grated Parmesan on top.
Per bite: 180kcals, 10.2g fat (3.1g saturated), 14.4g carbs (1.1g sugars), 3.9g protein, 1g fibre, 0.229g sodium
IrishCanapésDinnerFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendlyLunch & snacksLow-fatCuisinesBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR