Makes 2 large pizzas
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the base:
For the toppings:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil into the yeast mixture. Mix in half of the flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean, well-floured work surface. Gradually knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a well-oiled bowl and cover with a clean damp tea towel. Place in a warm place and allow the dough to rise for about one hour until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and form a tight ball. Allow to relax for a minute, then divide in two and roll out.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Lightly oil two large baking trays and place one of the pizza bases on each one. Allow the dough to sit and rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake the pizza bases for five minutes. Spread them with tomato passata and sprinkle with the oregano and some black pepper. Top with the Mozzarella and the remaining toppings. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Per Serving 669kcals, 13.8g fat (3.6g saturated), 94.9g carbs, 9.1g sugars, 22.1g protein, 6.3g fibre, 0.927g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS: Pizza is a personal thing, so customise yours with whichever toppings you like best!
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat