Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the "cheese" sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients for the cheese sauce into a food processor and purée until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line a large round baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the yeast, warm soy milk, and sugar in a mixing bowl and leave to prove for five minutes until frothy.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, or a wooden spoon, mix in the flours, xanthan gum, gelatin, onion powder, salt, oil, vinegar and one teaspoon of the Italian seasoning. Beat for 4-5 minutes; the mixture will be quite soft and sticky.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and sprinkle with extra rice flour as you press it into a 30cm round.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Mix the tomato passata with the remaining Italian seasoning, then spread onto the base.
- Drizzle or spread over the “cheese” sauce and top with the pepperoni or salami.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top has browned. Slice into wedges to serve while still warm.
Per serving: 251kcals, 7.2g fat (1.4g saturated), 38.3g carbs, 6g sugars, 10.5g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.496g sodium
Popular in Budget meals
Tom yum soup with prawns