1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
100g tomato purée
100ml double cream
160g penne pasta
Salt and black pepper
Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
Grated Chilli flakes
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the garlic for one minute, stirring. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add the vodka and allow to bubble for three minutes. Stir in the cream and remove from the heat.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the penne according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 50ml of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta water to the tomato sauce and stir to combine well, then add the pasta. Toss together until fully coated. Season to taste.
- Divide into bowls and top with Parmesan and/or chilli flakes, if available.
Per serving: 647kcals, 26.8g fat (12.7g saturated), 70g carbs (6.2g sugars), 13.1g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.069g sodium