Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the filling:
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place the sliced pears and blueberries in a bowl and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Transfer the fruit to a 20cm square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and mix to form a crumbly dough.
- Pat handfuls of dough into palm-sized discs around 1cm thick.
- Lay the discs of dough over the fruit filling, overlapping slightly.
- Place the baking dish on a baking tray to catch any drips. Place in the oven to bake for 45-55 minutes until the topping is golden around the edges and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Serve the pear and blueberry cobbler with cream, ice cream or custard.
367kcals, 14.2g fat (8.8g saturated), 60.8g carbohydrates, 36.4g sugars, 2.8g protein, 5.7g fibre, 0.116g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
For a thicker, less juicy cobbler, stir one tablespoon of cornflour into the pears with the sugar and lemon juice.
Popular in Fruit desserts
Spicy fruit salad