100g butter, plus extra for greasing
180g plain chocolate, chopped
80g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
40g butter, melted
60g icing sugar
200g peanut butter
Pinch of salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2. Butter a 20cm square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture, then gradually whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, then stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir together all of the filling ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Spread the batter into the pan. Add dollops of the peanut butter filling all over, then use a knife to swirl it through.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool before slicing.
Per serving: 364kcals, 22.6g fat (10.1g saturated), 36.6g carbs, 29.1g sugars, 7g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.212g sodium