250g smooth peanut butter
80g ground almonds
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Form into balls about 2cm in diameter and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Flatten each ball so it’s about ½cm thick.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, then remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool fully on their tray.
Per serving: 132kcals, 10.4g fat (1.8g saturated), 6.4g carbs, 3.9g sugars, 5.4g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.045g sodium
TOP TIP: If you’re baking for someone with coeliac disease, make sure your peanut butter, almonds, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract are gluten-free.