For the jam
500g Siúcra Sure Set Sugar
2tbsp vanilla bean paste or 2 vanilla pods
For the cookies
125g butter, softened
100g Siúcra Brown Sugar
75g Siúcra Caster Sugar
125g crunchy peanut butter
175g self raising flour
50g peanuts chopped
For the filling
100g crunchy peanut butter
- For the jam, hull and wash the strawberries. Put them in a large pot and use a spoon or potato masher to crush the the strawverries.
- Over a medium heat, add the sugar and vanilla. Allow the sugar to dissolve before bringing the mix to a boil. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- You can check the if your jam is set by clipping a sugar thermometer to the side of the pot, the jam is set at 105˚
- Once set, allow the jam to sit in the pot for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with non stick parchment paper.
- For the cookies, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg. Add in the peanut butter and flour. Mix until smooth.
- For each cookie, spoon 1tbsp of mix onto the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle on the chopped peanuts onto each cookie.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, until firm.
- Remove form the fridge and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool compeltely on the baking tray.
On one cookie, spread on 1tsp of the homemade jam and one another cookie, spread on 1tsp of peanut butter. Sandwich the biscuits together and continue until all the cookies are use.
This recipe is sponsored by Siúcra