170g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
3 large eggs
130g parsnips, peeled and grated
200g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Grease a loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the grated parsnip, then sift in the flour and stir to combine. Add the milk and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. If you find the cake is browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil.
- Set aside to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Per serving: 284kcals, 15.6g fat (9.3g saturated), 33g carbs (16g sugars), 4.4g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.123g sodium