70g ground almonds
50g Parmesan, finely grated
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1½ tbsp thyme or rosemary, finely chopped
½ tsp salt
3 medium courgettes
1 egg, lightly beaten
For the aioli:
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, Parmesan, cayenne pepper (if using), herbs and salt. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Trim the tops and bottoms from the courgettes, then cut each one in half lengthwise. Cut the halves into 1cm-thick fingers.
- Dip each courgette finger in beaten egg and then into the crumb mixture, making sure they are well coated.
- Arrange the courgette fries on the prepared baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- In a bowl, combine the aioli ingredients together and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the courgette fries with the aioli.
Per serving: 238kcals, 16.9g fat (3.6g saturated), 14g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 11.9g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.52g sodium