1 tbsp olive oil
150g pancetta cubes
400g Arborio rice
1.4L chicken stock
30g chives, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium-high heat and cook the pancetta for 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pancetta to a plate lined with kitchen paper, reservingt the fat in the pot.
- Add the rice to the pot and cook for two minutes until lightly toasted.
- Add one ladleful of chicken stock to the rice and stir until all of the stock
has been absorbed, then add another ladleful of stock. Keep stirring and adding the stock one ladleful at a time, adding more only when the added stock has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked or all of the chicken stock has been used, remove the risotto from the heat and season to taste. Stir in most of the chives and half of the crispy pancetta.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and fry the eggs until the whites are cook but the yolks are still runny, or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the risotto amongst four serving bowls and scatter with the remaining pancetta and chives. Top each portion with a fried egg.
354kcals, 20.2g fat (9.3g saturated), 24g carbs (7.2g sugars), 18.7g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.353g sodium