1 pork medallion
350g new potatoes
½ chicken stock pot
1 sprig fresh tarragon
75g sour cream
- Chop the potatoes in half and add them to a saucepan of boiling water with ¼ tsp of salt. Allow the potatoes to cook until you can easily slip a knife through them (around 12 minutes). Drain the potatoes and then leave to one side.
- Pick the tarragon leaves from the sprig and finely chop them. Mix 200ml of boiling water with chicken stock.
- Cut the leeks lengthwise, then slice thinly widthways. Leave to one side.
- Remove any traces of fat from the pork fillet and slice the medallions approximately 2cm thick. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over high heat in a large frying pan. Stir fry the leeks in batches for about four minutes with ¼ tsp of salt. Remove from the pan as soon as they’re soft enough to eat.
- In the same pan, add one more tablespoon of oil and brown the medallions on both sides for a couple of minutes, turning once.
- Once the meat has browned, pour in the stock. Add the chopped tarragon leaves and stir well to get any meaty bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer gently until the liquid has reduced by a third.
- Turn heat to a low and add the sour cream. Stir together making sure the sauce doesn’t boil as not to curdle the sour cream. Allow everything to warm for a few minutes and season as needed.
- Serve your potatoes on a plate with the leeks on top. Place your medallions on top of the leeks and pour the sauce over.
Click here or on the logo to check out this recipe using the HelloFresh meal delivery kit ingredients.
Hello Fresh is the UK’s leading recipe box. Delivering all the fresh ingredients and step-by-step recipe cards to your door. To recieve £10 off the purchase of your first box click here.