1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
½ a red onion, thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
10-12 black or kalamata olives, pitted
4 handfuls of rocket
1 cucumber, sliced lengthwise into ribbons with a peeler
5 radishes, thinly sliced
1 round loaf of rustic, country-style bread
4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1 x 125g jar of Shines Chilli Tuna, drained
6 olive oil-packed anchovies (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, olive oil, mustard, oregano and some salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, olives, rocket, cucumbers and radishes to the dressing and toss to coat.
- Split the whole loaf of bread horizontally and pull out a little of the crumb from both halves.
- Use tongs to arrange half of the vegetables over the bottom of the loaf, reserving the dressing in the bowl. Layer over the boiled eggs, tuna and anchovies, if using, then add the remaining vegetables.
- Pour half of the dressing over the sandwich filling. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the cut side of the top half of the loaf, then place over the filling to close the sandwich.
- Wrap the whole thing tightly in cling film and place in the fridge, weighed down with a cast-iron pan or similar heavy object. Keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, unwrap the pan bagnat and cut into six wedges.
Per serving 402kcals, 16.9g fat (3.2g saturated), 40.2g carbs (3.3g sugars), 22.1g protein, 2.8g fibre, 1.286g sodium