Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Use a food processor of mini chopped to whizz the onions, mushrooms and garlic into a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pot with tall sides over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through, using a wooden spoon to break the mince apart while cooking. Drain off any fat.
- Add the tomato purée, stock, oregano, basil and black pepper. Stir well to combine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti, lightly pressing down to cover in the sauce. Stir every few seconds so that spaghetti combines with the sauce. Simmer for 15-18 minutes or until the spaghetti has cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan.
Per serving: 550kcals, 11.7g fat (3.4g saturated), 62.9g carbs, 7.5g sugars, 48.2g protein, 2.9g fibre,0.869g sodium
ItalianBeefDinnerDinner30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinKidsFamily mealsCuisinesBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat