Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the carrot, onion, garlic and celery in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until ‑ finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped vegetable mixture and thyme and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Working in small batches, whizz the mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped. Add to the pan, season with salt and pepper and turn the heat to high. Cook for five minutes, stirring frequently. The mushrooms will release lots of liquid, so continue to cook until the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable stock and brown sugar. Cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes. Season, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with plenty of Bolognese sauce. Divide amongst serving bowls and top with torn fresh basil leaves and/or some grated Parmesan
Per serving: 784kcals, 37.4g fat (13.5g saturated), 79.8g carbs (22.2g sugars), 38g protein, 9.3g fibre, 0.89g sodium
ItalianDairy-freeDinnerVeganPastaMeat-freeVegan DinnersOne-potFamily mealsCuisinesFree-fromBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat
2 months, 22 days ago
The ideal vegetarian alternative! Great for sneaking veg in too!