2 tbsp plain flour
4 garlic cloves, crushed
350ml whole milk
250ml chicken stock
Salt and black pepper
3 cooked chicken fillets, chopped
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 x 500g pack of gnocchi
4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
40g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and place a large, oven-proof pan over a medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan, then add the flour and garlic and stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk and chicken stock until completely incorporated. Simmer for five minutes until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, uncooked gnocchi and spinach. Stir gently for about a minute until everything is coated and the spinach has just wilted.
- Scatter the Parmesan evenly over the top and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the gnocchi is cooked and the sauce is bubbling around the edges.
Per serving 505kcals, 16g fat (7.2g saturated), 47.2g carbs, 5.7g sugars, 42.3g protein, 3.6g fibre, 1.405g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS: Depending on what you have, you can alternatively use 400g shredded leftover roast chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this dish