For the pork:
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp paprika
500g pork tenderloin
½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
For the vegetables:
4 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 red onion, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
8 garlic cloves, peeled
8 baby potatoes, quartered
1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
30ml white wine or chicken stock
For the glaze:
4 tbsp apple sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and paprika. Rub the olive oil over pork, then season on all sides with salt, pepper and the sugar mixture. Place in a roasting tin.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables, apples and sage with the olive oil, cider vinegar, white wine or stock and some seasoning. Arrange around the pork in the roasting tin. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the ingredients for the glaze together, then pour half of the mixture into a serving jug. Set this aside for serving, using the other half for basting.
- Baste the pork on all sides with some of the glaze. Toss the vegetables and return the tin to the oven.
- Roast for another 15-20 minutes, basting halfway through, until the pork is completely cooked throughout.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer the pork to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and rest for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and place the vegetables inside to keep warm.
- Slice the pork and serve with the root vegetables and the reserved glaze.
401kcals, 10.3g fat (2.4g saturated), 41g carbs, 18.2g sugars, 36.1g protein, 8.5g fibre, 0.182g sodium