200g baby potatoes
Salt and black pepper
1 chicken fillet
1 leek, trimmed, washed and chopped into ½cm slices
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
2 tbsp olive oil
30ml white wine
3slices of smoked pancetta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and par-cook the potatoes for 4-5 minutes until just barely tender. Drain well, then return to the pan and steam dry for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan to rough up the edges of the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking dish, season well and toss with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place the leek in a bowl with the thyme leaves, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the white wine and some salt and black pepper. Toss to coat everything. Transfer the mixture to a small roasting dish.
- Wrap the chicken fillet in the slices of pancetta. Place the chicken on top of the leeks.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for the last 25-30 minutes of the potatoes’ cooking time, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
Try this delicious crispy honey garlic chicken…
Per serving: 847kcals, 51.8g fat (12.4g saturated), 45.5g carbs, 4g sugars, 49.6g protein, 10.6g fibre, 0.642g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Try slicing 3-4 cuts into the top of the chicken (being careful not to slice all the way through!) Spread a little cream cheese with garlic and herbs into each cut, then wrap the chicken in the pancetta and continue with the rest of the recipe.