Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, ovenproof pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and carrots for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef mince, oregano, tomato purée and garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the beef is completely browned with no pink parts remaining, breaking up any lumps using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in both tins of tomatoes along with the stock and wine. Add the bay leaf, season and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7.
- Stir in the gnocchi and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Taste and add extra seasoning if needed.
- Scatter over the Mozzarella. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Top with fresh basil and serve.
Per serving: 578kcals, 21.7g fat (3g saturated), 46.8g carbs (9.1g sugars), 38.9g protein, 5.9g fibre, 1.283g sodium
ItalianBeefDinnerDinner30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinOne-potKidsFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR