1 soft bap or bagel
2 streaky bacon rashers, cooked
2 small eggs
2 slices of American-style cheese
Salt and black pepper
- Slice the bap or bagel in half and spread thickly with butter.
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan or griddle pan over a medium heat. Once hot, toast the buttered sides of the bap until light golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and allow to melt. Carefully crack both eggs into the pan. As soon as the whites start to set, puncture the yolks and gently spread them over the whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the cheese and the bacon on top of one the eggs. Using a spatula, carefully flip the other egg on top of the bacon. Cook for 20-30 seconds until the cheese melts.
- Transfer the eggs to the bottom of the bap and sandwich together with the top.
Per Serving: 572kcals, 39.4g fat (21.6g saturated), 32.5g carbs (6.6g sugars), 23.1g protein, 1.3g fibre, 1.118g sodium