For the naan bowls:
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp salt
200g Greek yoghurt
For the curry:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger,
peeled and grated
6 tbsp Madras curry paste
200ml vegetable stock
1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 large sweet potato, chopped
½ large cauliflower, chopped into small florets
150g green beans, trimmed and halved
200g baby corn, halved lengthways
120g ground almonds
1 x 410g tin of green lentils, drained
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lightly grease six small ovenproof bowls or individual pie dishes (each around 700ml in capacity).
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Stir in the yoghurt, then knead for 3-4 minutes to form a stiff dough. Once the dough comes together, wrap it in cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and place on a floured work surface. Divide into six equal portions and roll each one out into a disc about 18-20cm in diameter. Use the discs of dough to line the prepared bowls.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and puffed. Remove the naans from the bowls, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool. They should retain the shape of the bowls.
- Meanwhile, make the curry. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions with some salt and pepper for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the curry paste and cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, sweet potato, cauliflower, green beans and baby corn. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for Naan bowls with veggie curry 10 minutes until the vegetables are just tender but still retain some crunch.
- Stir in the ground almonds and lentils and season to taste. Simmer for 3-4 minutes longer until warmed through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the curry in the naan bowls, with or without rice.
Per serving: 704kcals, 39.3g fat (19.1g saturated), 77.1g carbs (12g sugars), 18.5g protein, 12g fibre, 0.734g sodium