Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the onion, carrot and celery in a food processor and whizz into small chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat and add the vegetables. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli powder to the vegetables in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Whizz the mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped; this is best done in 2-3 batches so that they don’t get too mushy. Add to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, balsamic and stock and season well. Simmer over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes, then add the kidney beans. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve over freshly baked potatoes with some grated cheese or sour cream, topped with fresh parsley or coriander.
Per serving: 223kcals, 11.4g fat (1.5g saturated), 23.6g carbs (6g sugars), 9.3g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.095g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice