Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Fry the onions for five minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes until soft and browned. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry and spread half of the pesto over the base of the pastry. Strain and discard the liquid from the mushrooms and onions, then arrange over the pesto.
- Add one tablespoon each of olive oil and water to the remaining pesto, then spoon it over the tart. Roughly chop and scatter over half of the nuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden. Top with some fresh rocket and an extra drizzle of pesto before serving.
Per serving: 489kcals, 39.9g fat (7g saturated), 26.7g carbs (4.4g sugars), 10.7g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.223g sodium
Popular in Diabetic-friendly
No-waste broccoli pesto pasta