Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Toast both sides of the sourdough and set aside.
- Mix the lemon zest and juice with the thyme, three tablespoons of the olive oil and the garlic. Season and set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms on the griddle pan for 5-7 minutes, then flip over and spoon over the marinade. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the halloumi. Cook the halloumi for about one minute on each side until dark golden griddle marks appear.
- Spread the base of each bread slice with chilli jam. Add a couple of slices of halloumi, a garlic mushroom and a pile of rocket leaves to each to serve.
Per serving: 426kcals, 26.7g fat (10.2g saturated), 27.9g carbs (10g sugars), 18.3g protein, 1.1g fibre, 1.137g sodium
Popular in Sandwiches
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches