1head of cauliflower, florets chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1½ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ lemon, zest
4 tbsp dried fruits
4 tbsp nuts
1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
½small bunch of mint, finely chopped
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds, to decorate
For the lemon tahini dressing:
1 tbsp tahini paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
½ tsp maple syrup
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until it takes on a couscous-like appearance.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the cauliflower to the frying pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, fold in the spices, lemon zest, dried fruits and nuts.
- Stir in the herbs. Stir well and season as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the pomegranate seeds.
- For the dressing, combine the tahini paste, lemon juice, water and maple syrup in a large bowl and mix well. Season as desired. Drizzle the dressing over the ‘couscous’ and enjoy!
(For dried fruits) I used dried cranberries and apricots;
(For nuts) I used flaked almonds and pistachios.
Per Serving 106kcals, 7.6g fat (0.9g saturated), 7.8g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 3.6g protein, 3.6g fibre, 0.028g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Aoife Howard