Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the soy sauce, water and sugar and stir. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the beef against the grain. Place the cornflour in a bowl and dredge the beef in it. Shake off any excess and let the beef rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up the wok with about 2cm of oil. Add the meat and wait 30-40 seconds before stirring. Cook for two minutes, stirring the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly. Transfer the beef to a plate and rest for 3-4 minutes. Discard excess oil from the pan.
- Return the pan to a medium heat. Add the soy sauce mixture and steak. Bring to a boil, continually stirring for two minutes.
- Add the spring onions and stir everything together. Remove the steak using a slotted spoon and serve over rice or noodles.
Note: Noodles can be used as an alternative to Rice, if you wish.
Per serving:957kcals, 40.4g fat (10.1g saturated), 82.8g carbs, 64.7g sugars, 65.6g protein, 2.3g fibre, 3.186g sodium
Popular in Beef
Meatball chilli con carne