Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cupcakes:
For the mocha buttercream:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together all the dry ingredients. Add the butter and beat to form a sandy texture.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk and eggs. Slowly stream this into the butter mixture to form a smooth batter. Spoon into the lined cupcake tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat together the icing sugar, cocoa powder, butter and coffee until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Add a swirl of buttercream to the top of each cupcake.
- To decorate, drizzle some melted chocolate over the tops of the cupcakes, then add some coffee beans.
Per serving: 484kcals, 21.5g fat (13.2g saturated), 72.5g carbs (56.3g sugars), 4.3g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.258g sodium
Popular in Kids baking