600g frozen mixed berries, thawed and drain away the juice
4 tbsp granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 x 320g sheet of shortcrust pastry 1 egg, beaten
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a large baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed berries, granulated sugar, vanilla, cornflour and lemon juice. Toss until combined.
- Unroll the pastry and place onto the prepared baking tray. Spoon the berry mixture into the centre of the pastry. Fold the edges over the fruit, leaving the centre open.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg and sprinkle on some extra sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Per serving 346kcals, 16.6g fat (0.3g saturated), 44.8g carbs (15.4g sugars), 4.4g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.011g sodium