Serves 4 - 6
- Juice of 2 red grapefruits (about 480ml)
- 240ml boiling water
- 20g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 100g sugar
- Fresh mint
- Strawberries, sliced
- Combine the water, mint, and sugar in a saucepan. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for three minutes.
- Add the grapefruit juice. Press the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and discard any solids. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Freeze mixture in a shallow non-metal container. Every half an hour, remove it from the freezer and stir with a fork, crushing any lumps, for about three hours or until evenly frozen.
- Serve in glasses or bowls, topped with some fresh mint leaves.
Per serving: 89kcals, 0.1g fat (0g saturated), 23.2g carbs, 22.1g sugars, 0.6g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.001g sodium