Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the glaze:
Fancy something similar and savoury?
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and place a rack in the centre of the oven.
- Prepare a 12-cup metal or silicone muffin tin. If using a metal pan, brush with melted butter, dust with flour and shake out the excess.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the granulated sugar and lemon zest until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, then gradually pour in the olive oil and milk, pulsing until just emulsified into a thin batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and thyme. Add this mixture to the blender or food processor in two batches, pulsing lightly after each one until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup to just two-thirds full. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cakes are beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan and spring back when touched. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the sides with a knife and transfer the cakes onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Whisk the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth, adding more lemon juice if the mixture is too thick. Drizzle over the warm cakes and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Per serving: 257kcals, 9.2g fat (3.2g saturated), 43.1g carbs, 34.8g sugar, 2.6g protein, 0g fibre, 0.137g sodium
Kids bakingCakesPicnicSweet thingsSpecial OccasionsKidsAfternoon teaBakingFruit dessertsDinner party
Popular in Kids baking
Peanut butter Rice Krispie bars