2 x 320g sheets of shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped to small cubes
100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
150g Cheddar, grated
2 spring onions, chopped
1 egg, beaten
20g sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the sweet potato and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for one minute longer. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll one sheet of pastry and use a circular pastry cutter to cut out 12 discs. Place one disc into each hole of the muffin tin, pushing the pastry up the sides. Place in the fridge until ready for use.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato mixture, Cheddar and spring onions. Spoon a small amount into each of the pastries.
- Unroll the second sheet of pastry. Using a slightly smaller cutter, cut out 12 discs. Place over the filling and use a little water to stick to the pastry cases. Use a fork to seal the edges.
- Pierce a small steam hole in the top of each pie. Brush the tops with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
284kcals, 16.8g fat (6.1g saturated), 25.8g carbs (2.9g sugars), 7.6g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.091g sodium