120g uncooked quinoa
2 egg whites
1 courgette, grated
120g Cheddar, grated
2slices of ham, chopped
4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
30g Parmesan, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
Salt and black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions, then drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and liberally spray a 24-hole mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Allow to cool for 8-10 minutes before removing from the tin. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze for up to three months.
- To freeze, place the baked, cooled quinoa cups on a baking tray. Place into the freezer until solid, then transfer the cups to a freezer bag and return to the freezer. Thaw the cups in the fridge overnight or in the microwave.
Per serving: 232kcals, 6.2g fat (2g saturated), 29.4g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 14.7g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.267g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Mix up the vegetables in these cups by trying peas, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, red onion or grated carrot. Omit the ham for a veggie version, and leave out the cheese to make these dairy-free!