Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cookie cups:
For the caramel:
For the topping:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease a muffin tin very well.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, cornflour and salt and mix until you have a firm dough. Add in your chopped chocolate and fold evenly through your cookie dough.
- Portion up nine even cookie dough balls, about 80g each. Press your cookie dough balls into each section on your greased cupcake tin until flat. Make a dip in the centre of your cookie using something round, such as the base of the vanilla extract bottle.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Once out of the oven, press your dip mould back down into your centre dip while still warm as they will puff up a little in the oven.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
- To make the caramel, pour the condensed milk, butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a large saucepan, and melt on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from sticking. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. It will be ready when it has changed to a darker golden colour and has thickened.
- Spoon a tablespoon of this caramel into each dip in your cookie cup.
- Melt the chocolate then spoon on top of your caramel. Sprinkle with flaky salt, then leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
Gingerbread sandwich cookies