8 large eggs
Splash of milk
Salt and black pepper
1½ tbsp olive oil
4 small corn tortillas
½ a red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1-2 jalapeños, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tomato, deseeded and chopped
120g Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Beat the eggs together in a large jug with the milk and some salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook each tortilla until just crisp on both sides. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper, then crumble the tortillas and set aside.
- Cook the onion, pepper, jalapeño and garlic for five minutes until translucent.
- Add the tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tortilla pieces, stir to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and push everything to one side of the pan. Pour the beaten eggs into the other side. Cook for one minute, gently scrambling the eggs until about halfway cooked, then stir the entire mixture together to combine.
- Stir in the Cheddar and allow to melt. Top with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Per serving: 425kcals, 32g fat (7.3g saturated), 15.3g carbs, 4.1g sugar, 21.9g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.336g sodium