Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sponge:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line your cake tin(s).
- Sift your dry ingredients — flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, coffee powder and salt — into a mixing bowl.
- Sandwich the two cake layers with some of the chocolate buttercream icing, then spread the rest evenly around the outside and top of the cake.
- Take a handful of the chocolate chips and carefully but firmly press them into the side of the cake. There will be some that fall off, but you can just pick these up and press them again. Continue this until the sides are all covered.
- Cover the top of the cake with Maltesers, crushed biscuits and the mini marshmallows.
- Heat the chopped chocolate and cream in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and down the sides. Make sure there is plenty dripping down from the edges!
Per Serving: 914kcals, 51.2g fat (21.6g saturated), 106.6g carbs, 62.3g sugars, 10.8g protein, 8.5g fibre, 0.217g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux