1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp dried coriander
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthways
For the garlic hummus sauce:
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with foil.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper. Place on one prepared baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and paprika and toss to coat evenly. Season to taste and spread out evenly.
- Rub the sweet potato halves all over with oil and place face-down on the second baking tray. Place both trays in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until the chickpeas are golden and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomato, parsley and lemon juice.
- To serve, place the potatoes flesh side-up on serving plates. Use the back of a spoon to crush the insides down a little, then top with crispy chickpeas, a generous drizzle of sauce and the tomato mixture. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Per Serving: 426kcals, 6.9g fat (0.9g saturated), 78.6g carbs (20.2g sugars), 16g protein, 17.6g fibre, 0.189g sodium