Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meatloaf:
For the sauce:
For the mashed potato “icing”:
Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix until just incorporated, then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce by whisking the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard together until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until soft. Mash together with the egg yolk, cream and salt until smooth. Stir in the melted butter. Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip and fill with the potato mixture. Set aside.
- Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each cup with a handful of the meat mixture, gently pressing it down until each cup is completely filled to the top.
- Spread a teaspoon of sauce over the top of each cupcake. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the meat is cooked throughout. Remove from the oven and turn on the grill.
- Pipe some potato “icing” on top of each mini meatloaf. Place the tin under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a salad.
Per serving: 278kcals, 7.6g fat (3.2g saturated), 26.1g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 25.7g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.284g sodium
Popular in American
Turkey sloppy joes