Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pilau rice:
- Preheat the grill to medium. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions, chilli, garlic and ginger for five minutes until softened. Remove half of the mixture and reserve for later.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and ground coriander to the pan and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the mince into a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, egg and mint and mix together. Once cooled, add the spiced onion mixture from the pan. Season well and mix together.
- Shape the mixture into about 20 small balls and place into a shallow baking tray. Grill for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add the reserved onion mixture back into the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock and bay leaves, then simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Melt the butter for the rice in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the rice until coated, then stir in the spices and salt.
- Pour in the boiling water, then cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Remove the bay leaves from the tomato sauce, then stir in the yoghurt until smooth.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the rice and fluff with a fork until wilted. Serve with the meatballs and a drizzle of yoghurt.
Per Serving 391kcals, 15.2g fat (5.7g saturated), 35.9g carbs, 4.3g sugars, 24.3g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.53g sodium
Popular in Indian
Quick prawn korma