Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place a 5kg Deluxe smoked gammon joint in a large pot. Cover with 5L of Solevit Orange Juice (or water). Bring slowly to a boil, skimming off any white foam from the surface. Simmer gently for about two hours until cooked through.
- Place the oven rack at its lowest position. Remove the ham from its liquid and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the ham in a roasting tin and use a small sharp knife to strip off the skin, leaving a thin layer of fat attached to the meat. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut into the meat.
- Brush 200g orange marmalade thickly over the ham. Stud the intersections with cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and bake the ham for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Baste the ham every 20 minutes with the glaze.
- Increase the heat to 220˚C/200˚C/gas mark 7 and cook for a final 20 minutes without opening the oven. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
IrishChristmasDinnerEasterSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesSunday roastDinner partyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR