Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the loaf:
For the lime and mint syrup:
For the lime icing:
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, lime zest and mint until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- In a small pot, combine the lime juice, caster sugar and fresh mint. Place over a medium-high heat until simmering, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until syrupy. Strain through a sieve and discard the mint leaves.
- Use a toothpick to pierce the top of the warm loaf all over. Spoon over the syrup and leave to cool.
- Stir together the icing sugar and lime juice to make the icing. If the icing is too thick, add more lime juice; if it gets too thin, add more icing sugar.
- Spread the lime icing on the top of the cooled loaf and allow it to drip down the sides slightly. Decorate the top of the cake with some lime zest and fresh mint.
Per Serving 374kcals, 15.7g fat (9.4g saturated), 57.1g carbs (42.2g sugars), 3.8g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.121g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux