Oil, for greasing
450g turkey or chicken mince
2 carrots, grated (optional)
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small onion, grated
50g Parmesan, grated
Salt and black pepper
130ml tomato passata or pasta sauce of choice
40g Cheddar, grated
- Lightly grease a loaf tin with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, carrots, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Place the mixture in the greased loaf tin and use clean hands to form into a loaf. At this stage the meatloaf can be frozen, if desired.
- When ready to prepare and serve, remove from the freezer and defrost completely. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Top the meatloaf with the tomato sauce, then place on a baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Cheddar over the top, then return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Rest for 8-10 minutes, then turn the meatloaf out of the tin, slice and serve.
Per Serving 296kcals, 12.2g fat (4.6g saturated), 14.8g carbs, 5g sugars, 32.4g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.329g sodium