400g Rooster or Maris Piper potatoes, cut into 2½ cm cubes
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2 red onions, roughly chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
450g chicken breast, cut into chunks
3 tbsp massaman curry paste
1 x 400g tin reduced fat coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
5 kaffir lime leaves
150g kale, chopped
50g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Boil the potatoes in slightly salted water for five minutes with the lid on, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish or frying pan with deep sides over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, cinnamon and chilli and cook until the onions have softened.
- Add the chicken and continue frying until the outside of the chicken is sealed.
- Add the cooked potatoes, curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime leaves and 200ml of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook for a further five minutes. Serve with the chopped peanuts.
Per Serving 496kcals, 23g fat (9g saturated), 32g carbs (7g sugars), 36g protein, 6g fibre, 0.640g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Bord Bia