For the pancakes:
2 large eggs
120g plain flour
45g butter, melted, plus extra to cook
For the lemon-orange butter:
4 tbsp caster sugar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
120ml fresh orange juice
2 tbsp orange liqueur
- Whisk together the ingredients for the pancakes until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour some batter into the bottom of the pan, then lift and tilt the pan around so the batter forms an even coating. Cook for 40 seconds, then flip and cook for another 10 seconds. Keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Add the sugar to a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Allow the sugar to melt slowly without stirring until it becomes a deep amber colour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice and orange liqueur.
- Return the pan to the heat to warm through, then stir in the butter and simmer until the sauce is glossy and reduced slightly.
- To flambé, either carefully tilt the pan slightly so the sauce ignites from the gas hob, or else approach the pan with a lond-handled match and ignite the sauce. Flames will appear for a few seconds but will stop once the alcohol burns off.
- Fold the pancakes into triangles and turn in the pan to coat in the lemon-orange butter sauce. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 499kcals, 34.3g fat (20.8g saturated), 40.9g carbs (17.3g sugars), 8.4g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.276g sodium