For the bars:
100ml olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
125g natural yoghurt
95g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
A pinch of salt
For the cream cheese icing:
100g unsalted butter, softened
100g icing sugar
200g cream cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and honey. Whisk in the eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Stir in the yoghurt until combined, then stir in the ground almonds, baking powder, polenta, thyme and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- For the cream cheese icing, beat together the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add the cream cheese and lemon zest and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice to loosen.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cooled bake. Decorate with lemon zest and fresh thyme before cutting into bars.
Per Serving 384kcals, 26.6g fat (10.1g saturated), 32.2g carbs (23g sugars), 6g protein, 1g fibre, 0.08g sodium