Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt some butter and brush it all over the insides of a 6cm deep, 19cm x 10cm loaf tin. This is called greasing the tin.
- Place the tin onto a sheet of parchment paper and cut a strip a little longer and thinner than the tin. Place this strip inside the tin, pressing it down into the corners and making sure there is a little extra sticking out at either end. This is called lining the tin.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, 100g of the sugar and the lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add half of the flour and half of the milk to the egg mixture. Gently stir to combine. Fold in the remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining sugar and the lemon juice. Pour over the hot lemon loaf cake while it’s still in the tin.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin. When it’s cool, use the sticking-out pieces of parchment paper to help you get the cake out of the tin.
Per serving: 294kcals, 14.3g fat (8.6g saturated), 38.4g carbs, 19.8g sugars, 4.5g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.113g sodium
Popular in Kids baking