Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin or a 23cm round cake tin with butter, then dust the insides with icing sugar, turning the tin to coat thoroughly. Shake excess into sink. Set the tin aside.
- In a jug, combine the lemon juice and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and sugar. Crush the zest with the back of a spoon to coat the sugar in the oils from the zest.
- Beat in the butter using an electric mixer for about three minutes until well combined together.
- Beat in the eggs and almond extract until well combined. Add the milk mixture and beat until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out. Serve immediately, or allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per serving: 294kcals, 11.1g fat (6.5g saturated), 45.7g carbs (31.2g sugars), 4.5g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.125g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux