Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
Serve with these back-to-basics roast potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a high heat. Put the chicken legs into the pan with the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the chicken with the juices from the pan into an ovenproof dish.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a small dish, catching the pips, and then mix with the honey and soy sauce. Brush the chicken with the lemon and honey glaze.
- Sprinkle over the remaining thyme and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place in the oven, covered with foil, for 15 minutes then remove the foil and cook on grill for 2-3 minutes more until golden brown.
331 kcals, 16.0g fat (3.0g saturated), 22.7g carbs, 18.2g sugars, 26.5g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.527g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Slow-cooker BBQ chicken