2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1½ tsp sesame oil
Salt and black pepper
3 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
270g broccoli, chopped into florets
1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the sauce:
180ml gluten-free chicken stock
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp honey
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp sriracha (optional)
1 tbsp cornflour
- In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil and some salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to four hours.
- In a bowl or jug, whisk all of the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Heat a wok or large pan over a high heat.
- When the wok is hot add half a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook the broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes until it is bright green, but still crisp. Remove to a plate.
- Add another half tablespoon of oil to the wok, then add the chicken, reserving the marinade in the bowl.
- Stir fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes until it is cooked through. Return the broccoli to the wok.
- Add the sauce to the wok and stir for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Serve the lemon and honey chicken over rice, quinoa or gluten-free noodles.
Per serving: 330kcals, 13.2g fat (3.1g saturated), 20.1g carbs, 10.6g sugars, 32.7g protein, 3g fibre, 0.806g sodium